Friday 19 February 2021

First Project ......

Well, here I am again and I'm about to share some of my work with you.  Ooh, so scary!!!

The 'recipe' that I had to work with included the following elements:

1.  Step card

2.  Brads / eyelets / metal elements

3.  Lace

4.  Blue

5.  Purple

6.  Corrugated card 

7.  Card for a male

I've just realised there should have been eight elements, I guess we messed up.  Oh well ...... stuff happens.

When it came time to create my card, I automatically ruled out lace because it wouldn't fit in with the idea that I had in mind.  Luckily, my final card encompassed all of the remaining elements without any hassle.  I used a die by 'The Stamp Doctor' for my easel card.  It was actually the first time I'd ever used the die and it was smaller than I had expected, which was a little disappointing, but still good.  The card base was a navy cardstock and the white strips down the side of the easel were corrugated card.  I don't use 'fussy' cutting' in my card-making very often, I usually use a die-shape to display my images, but I wanted to maximise the background paper to emphasise the blue and purple elements of the card.  The background was created using 'nuvo' Shimmer Powder, Meteorite Shower, on white card.  I love these powders because, well it's so much fun, and each one gives a multi-coloured result.  If I had used some of the other powders I have, and trust me, I have many, I would have had to use several different shades to achieve a similar result.  I've had the stamps of the vintage car and sentiment for many years.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the company that makes them, but I think they've closed-up shop now anyway.  Ooh, Designs Inked keeps rattling around in my head.  Maybe that's it!  Anyway, here's the card.



I am my own worst enemy when it comes to critiquing my cards, but I was really quite pleased with the final result of this one.  What do you think?


At the end of the night we rolled the blocks again.  The 'recipe' for the next card is as follows:

1.  'Z' Fold card

2.  Acetate panel

3.  Ribbon

4.  Black

5.  Red

6.  Flowers

7.  Vellum

8.  Thank You card

I think I may see some ladybirds in my future, what do you think?  It will be interesting to see what I can come up with.


Meanwhile, I'm still standing and fighting each and every day to be the best 'ME' that I can be.

I hope you'll visit again.

Until next time ......

Cheers

Chris in Oz

No comments: